Wednesday, December 23, 2009

OPTIC 1050 BINOCULARS: A Review

Every so often I come upon an item that really seems like a “too good to be true” product. These OPTIC 1050 BINOCULARS fit that description to a T. When I first saw the AS SEEN ON TV ad, I thought I misunderstood the pricing and all you get for the advertised price. But, I was looking out for it later in the day, and I think all the kids just got another Christmas present they can really use.

THE BINOCULARS
The OPTIC 1050 BINOCULARS appear to be well constructed, featuring a rubber coated, shock resistant body and shatterproof lenses. All the other features are easier view if I list them, so here goes:
1. Up to 1000% magnification. They say this will allow you to see up to 35 miles away. I guess you can order one for your Uncle Henry in the next county and you can wave at each other from the front porch.
2. Lightweight; wide angle viewing
3. Soft rubber eye cups & eye width regulator
4. Center focusing wheel
5. Lens covers
6. Soft carrying case with strap

A GOOD GIFT?
Don’t know about you, but I can remember all the times I wished I had a good pair of binoculars, but didn’t. When the kids were growing up, all the athletic events they were involved in, from kids soccer to high school football. All the college and pro games I went to, and long distance vision was a problem. I’m not a hunter or bird watcher, but I would imagine that they would be invaluable for those activities. What about on a cruise; being able to whale watch or look at an island off in the distance? I wish I’d had OPTIC 1050 BINOCULARS on our Alaskan cruise, that’s for sure!

THE DEAL
I really don’t understand how they can manufacture such an item and sell it so cheaply, but they do. Not only that, with every OPTIC 1050 you get a pair of 4 x 22 quad magnification travel binoculars that are small enough to fit into a purse. Also, you receive a six inch, pen shaped, 24x magnification “spy scope” that can double as a magnifying glass. All of this for $29.95 plus S & H. Like I said before, the kids are going to get a Christmas gift they can really enjoy for a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment